Our final Corderman Women in Construction feature is Linda Liporto! Linda is truly an inspiration to all women in construction as her journey to becoming a Principal at Corderman & Company is defined by a strong work ethic and passion for construction, project management, and innovation. Linda has been a core member of the Corderman team since 2003, with her position naturally evolving from managing the general office to delving into project management to eventually taking on a well-deserved leadership role as Principal. Linda motivates and leads the Corderman team with her remarkable mentorship and support. With such a profound dedication to the Corderman standards of excellence, Linda’s impact on the growth and success of Corderman & Company is immeasurable. A very special thank you to our leading Corderman woman in construction!
A few questions we asked Linda...
1. How did you end up in the construction industry? A mutual friend at an architectural firm recommended I get in touch with David Corderman 15 years ago. Once I met with him and started working in the office I was intrigued by the business and have always had an interest in construction. When I was growing up I always wanted to become an architect.
2. What do like most about being in the construction industry? I like the people in the company and also in the industry, and I enjoy the constant change and seeing things evolve, and the fact that no two projects are the same.
3. What do you like least about being in the construction industry? Sometimes the stress level gets to me.
4. What do you consider to be one of your top accomplishments related to the construction industry? Working my way through all the phases of the business and becoming a principal and one of the leaders of the company.
5. Why do you like working for Corderman & Company? First and foremost the people. We also have some great clients and I really enjoy the type of work we do.
6. What inspires you? Helping the company grow and evolve and witnessing personal accomplishments by the other team members. I also look forward to pushing the company into new adventures and venues.
7. What’s your favorite place in the world? Hmm, that is a tough question. I am torn between some familiar places back home in Sweden that I always enjoy and sometimes desperately miss, and other places that I have traveled, such as the Mediterranean countries (Italy, Greece, Spain).