First up for the Corderman Women in Construction, we would like to celebrate Ipek Cobanoglu!
Ipek joins us all the way from Turkey, bringing with her an incredible resume of international experience obtained in both her home country and in Oman. After graduating from Istanbul Technical University with a degree in Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Ipek moved to Oman to join Bechtel-Enka Joint Venture's project team for a $1.8 Billion project with the Muscat International Airport. A few years later, Ipek decided to attend Northeastern University (Boston) in order to pursue a Master's degree in Project Management, with a Construction Management Concentration. Once in Boston, Ipek joined Corderman & Company as part of her school's co-op program and, after graduating from Northeastern in the fall of 2016, Ipek agreed to work for Corderman full-time as an Assistant Project Manager. We couldn't be happier having Ipek on the team!
A few questions we asked Ipek...
1. How did you end up in the construction industry? Having a civil engineer husband forced me to work in the construction industry :)
2. What do you like most about being in the construction industry? Casual work environment, jeans, and sneakers.
3. What do you like least about being in the construction industry? Everybody has a certain idea about it.
4. What do you consider to be one of your top accomplishments related to the construction industry? My degree in Construction Management.
5. Why do you like working for Corderman & Company? Can I give names :)
6. What inspires you? The end product.
7. What's your favorite place in the world? Cesme, Turkey